Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pirate Latitudes - Michael Crichton (4)

I wish this book had been published while Crichton was still alive, because I feel like its missing some of the suspense most of his novels have. There isn't really enough tension in it. Don't get me wrong - this book makes Pirates of the Caribbean look like a children's movie. It's about real pirates, not pretty-boy Orlando Bloom. Captain Hunter has all the finesse of Jack Sparrow without the lurking question of how he could possibly think through his boozey stupor. Yet no matter how bad things got for Hunter, I just wasn't on the edge of my seat...

Feel free to disagree. If you like anything that has to do with pirates, and can handle the gore of actual throat-cutting pirates, you'll probably really like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment