Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Terrible and Wonderful Reason Why I Run Long Distances



There are lots of reasons to run: to lose weight, to relieve stress, to escape danger...
Matt Iman runs to beat the blerch. The blerch is a fat little cherub full of all the delicious sweets and junk food that you want to eat while sitting on the couch marathoning Netflix. Matt Iman used to be chubby, but now he runs ultra marathons. The blerch is all that he used to be, and he imagines it chasing him as he runs. And he runs to seek Nirvana but I like to ignore that and look at his successful, lazy pieces and really take those to heart...

The problem with books like this is I take in all the gluttony and laziness and don't do the actual marathoning. I just think I'll be ok because lots of people are successful and lazy....


But I did run the Beat the Blerch 10k in 2014 (before I read this book). AND I'M GONNA DO IT AGAIN THIS YEAR!! Woo!!! So maybe it did inspire me a little. I'm running a bit faster, but certainly not "fast."

ok "ran" might be a strong word choice...
we came in at just under 1:30:00


No comments:

Post a Comment