Tuesday, January 9, 2018

You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone


Ok I've only just started this book, but I want you to read it with me. It came out January 2nd, and I got to go to the book release party on Saturday and I already know I'm going to want to talk about it, so read it so I can talk to you. Here is a list of why you should read this book, mostly because of the smart things that Rachel said at her book release.

  • Jewish characters written by a Jewish author - we all know diversity is important, when was the last time you read a book with a main character who was Jewish? Ok, but was it written about the Holocaust? 
  • I went to elementary school with Rachel and she was my little buddy at reading time one year and I like to say that she taught me how to read. It is not technically true even a little bit, but I think it's funny.
  • Both main characters are smart, driven high school girls. Rachel talked at the book release about how in high school, at least in her cohort, the smart girls didn't wear makeup - it didn't make sense for girls to be both "girly" and smart. Rachel now loves bright makeup, and wants to write books that undoes some of the false stereotypes from books she read growing up. 
Let me know in the comments/facebook when you start it so we can chat <3


No comments:

Post a Comment