Friday, January 20, 2012

Queen of the Kitchen!

So snow day #5 has lead me to some awesome discoveries. Today's new thing is pinterest, last night was goodreads. And, thanks to pinterest, I found this recipe for lemon garlic gnocci, and oh my goodness, if it's not the most delicious thing I've ever made, I seriously don't know what it is. And it's pretty healthy too!

I ate a third of it and then added fresh ground pepper.
Add the fresh ground pepper, it's so good!!
I paired it with a super plain-Jane spinach salad, and in my pre-this-delicious-gnocci life, I could just eat spinach, hard boiled egg, and some cheese and be totally thrilled. But oh no, my taste buds were on overdrive, so some olive oil,  balsamic vinegar, and fresh ground pepper later, I was sitting pretty.
Also, is this recipe super filling or was I just not that hungry? I couldn't even finish that plate full.
Now, here's some (not so) pro tips if you're going to make this gnocci:
garlic cloves
1) I stole a bit from her lemon-garlic spaghetti, and added 2 tbsp of pine nuts.
2) one clove of garlic is the little piece of garlic, you buy a whole bulb at the store (I got confused.)
3) when peeling a hard-boiled egg, first put it in a bowl of cold water, and then run cold water over it as you peel
4) instead of the oil-and-vinegar route, you could probably use some of the gnocci sauce you made. Or just some lemon and black pepper? Let me know if you tried that, because I didn't. And if it's bad, someone should warn the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment